Dome Nation Population

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Well, I Won't Be Jizzing In My Pants This March -TOMP



Greetings Sports Fans.

I apologize for my absence, but I've had a busy week consisting of a boatload of new experiences having to do with the tourney, life & love.  Ok, maybe just the tourney and life.  Whatever, I've been busy.

It deeply depresses me to say that the mighty Orange have fallen victim to those hick bastards from Oklahoma.  I guess I should have known it would happen Sooner or later.  I was just hoping it would at least be to the Tar Heals of UNC.  I had a bad feeling going into this one from square one. 'Cuse just didn't have that look about them from the get go of the game.  Couldn't hit those three pointers, and the only player other than J-Flyzzle that could be utilized was Ricky Jackson.  Not even the crazy antics of the Belgian Waffle could make a comeback happen.  There were numerous turnovers, too many missed shots and Jonny got hit by that mother fucking freight train, Blake Griffin (almost positive that was an offensive foul on that numb nutted asshole).  

I just couldn't get the bad taste out of my mouth. When it finally got out of hand, I didn't really know how I felt.  I suppose the best comparison would be to the times I've sat on my crapper, looked over for some TP, felt it, wondered to myself why it was so wet, and then put two & two together to figure out that my roommate had urinated all over it.  But that's the price you pay living with a professional web designer.

I've already started to look ahead to next year, even though its hard to believe this season is actually over.  Cuse played great for the most part down the stretch and became America's sweetheart.  I even heard Doug Gottlieb describing how they were a great team to watch with tourney title hopes, and that simply does not happen. We're going to miss the Waffle next year, but Joseph has looked pretty solid over the last month or so, and rumor has it they've recruited another big man who happens to be a four star kind of guy.  If he were a movie, he'd win the best picture. Boo-ya. I don't even know his name, but I'm optimistic from the chit-chat I've heard.

So, put on The National, watch your favorite Devendorf Youtube clips and just think about next year.  Parting is such sweet sorrow...  R.I.P. '08-'09 Syracuse Orangemen Basketball.

In other news, I was front and center for the East regional match-ups with none other than BG, himself.  Of course, by front and center i mean, second to last row in TD Banknorth Garden, but I'll take it any day.  Pitt (my championship winner and sole hope of winning the Bud Guthrie corporate bracket, and no Mr. Guthrie, I did not buy that map yet) squeaked by the mighty Musketeers of Xavier, and yes it was a fucking nail biter. No, I did not appreciate it.  Fields put up what might have been the worst shot choice in NCAA history.  I'll quote my dad on this one, "That was a ballsy ass shot."  Couldn't put it better myself.

I have to say though, I have never had so much fun attending a game just to see an opposing team lose.  I fucking HATE the Duke Blue Devils. HATE them. I can not emphasize this enough. They suck more ass overall than Notre Dame football, and that's saying something.  These two schools think they're so mother fucking cool, but hey, newsflash guys, 6'5 white guys do not win you national championships.  In Charlie Weis' case, they don't even get you bowl game wins, that is if you're lucky enough to get there.

Anyway, it was a phenomenal time.  Special thanks to the Mr. Foley for the hook up. I had a great time with his Nova buddies, there's nothing better than mature, successful and happy gentlemen letting loose and acting like us early twenties douchebags.  I'd also like to thank the Villanova Alumni Association for renting out all of Greatest Bar, letting anyone register for the event for $35, and supplying some incredibly smoking hot bartenders and alumni.  There were some mean dumpers there.  The Dome Factor will make a serious effort to attend more VIP events in the future.

We've still got four games to go for the tourney this weekend, and I'm hoping Ty Lawson featuring his injured toe bitch smack the fuck out of that little mohawk freak point guard on Oklahmo.  I hope Blake Griffin pulls a Duke lacrosse and we never see him again, or his coach walks into the training facility, sees both Griffin brothers, and states in 100% enthused honesty, "It stinks like sex in here."

After the Madness ultimately ends, which would probably be good for me as I'm having my worst bracket picks since '02 (but hey, went 4 for 5 in last week's upset specials), 'Cuse is out, and my sole hope in Pittsburgh is playing like a JV girls school team that replaced the original JV team who died in a tragic bus accident.  Anyway, after it ends, to finish that thought... I'll be totally stoked for the '09 NBA playoffs, where the Detroit Pistons will finally pull their heads out of their asses and make some magic happen versus the Celtics or Magic.

Of course they could always miss the playoffs....

God damn it.

FML.


"You're Fucking Out. I'm Fucking In"

Boston Rock Radio Song of the Week: "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" -Beastie Boys

TOMP Pick of the Week: "Superunknown" -Soundgarden

No comments:

Post a Comment