Dome Nation Population

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baitin' the Hook, Tryin to Catch the Big One!- BG


Today The Dome Factor took another step towards the top. Upon reading this article by Luke DeCock (yes, that is Luke of Cock, but he was a good guy), I felt compelled to e-mail him and negate the impression that Boston College has anything to do with Boston fans. Below is the e-mail I sent and his response:

Luke,

First let me start off by saying, I am a Boston fan. Bs, Cs, Pats, and Sox. I actually agree with you, he shouldn't have called the fans "goobers". I don't even get it. But please don't make the mistake of thinking that anybody in Boston likes the Curly Haired Boyfriend a.k.a Dan Shaughnessy. His opinions are invalid and no athlete in this town will even talk to him. Although Boston fans can be insufferable, Dan Shaughnessy has nothing to do with it.

Lastly, please do not associate BC with Boston fans. The vast majority of Boston fans hate Boston College. We hate everything about the school. Any time another ACC team plays BC in any sport, no one roots for BC. So you can write columns about hating Boston fans, but don't bring BC into it. It doesn't hold water. Of course, you can write whatever you want, just wanted to pass some knowledge along.

-BG

His Response:

Of all the emails I've gotten from Boston fans, that is by far the most reasonable, thoughtful and to the point. You make a good point about BC in general, but in all the hubbub surrounding BC's move to the ACC, which did get some city-wide attention, there was none of this redneck business. It seems like it takes hockey to bring it out.

Thanks for the note,
-- Luke

Now the response was nothing big, but it was the first writer that I have e-mailed, that has gotten back to me. I know it's Raleigh, North Carolina, but I thought it was a small bite on the fishing pole of life. Write that down.

"Everytime you touch the ice remember, it was Hans who taught us to fly."- Gordon Bombay

No comments:

Post a Comment