Dome Nation Population

Friday, May 8, 2009

Let Me Break Down The Cs, Magic For Ya' (Pt. 1 of 2) -TOMP



So, what exactly is going on between Orlando & Boston.  A baller series between the 2 & 3 seeds in the east, each game with very different outcomes.  I'm going to take this argument from both sides of the ball, so get ready for some fair play.

Now, we saw Orlando totally dominate in game 1, only to blow a 28 point lead and let Ray Ray and the rest of Celtics make a dramatic comeback.  Rafer Alston has been kicking ass and taking names at the point guard spot, D.Howard has been wetting his diaper/distributing punishment like its nobody's business and JJ Redick is starting at SG for the....

Wait a second.

JJ Redick?

That douchebag from Duke?

Unfortunately, the very one (pictured above).  Before I go any deeper into this, there are four things I really, really hate.

1.) Ohio State Football
2.) Notre Dame Football
3.) Duke Basketball
4.) My Roommate, Dan

Three of these, I don't have any substantial ground for disliking other than the fact that my ego is the size of the Hindenburg (Note: It crashes and burns as well).  You can really fill in any reason you like for me disliking the most commonly hated NCAA D1 bball team in the nation, and really I'll go along with it.  I just hate Duke, thats the way it is.  JJ Redick is no exception to this and I hate him probably more then I've hated any other athlete in my life.

There's just something about a cocky douchebag who can only shoot three pointers and free throws that tells me you're really not looking at a solid future in the NBA. Apparently, JJ disagrees with me on this one, requesting numerous times to be traded from Orlando so he could score some more PT.  I hate to break it to you JJ, but the league might not be ready for the third or fourth coming of Steve Kerr.

What really must grind his gears is the fact that the Magic drafted a shooting guard this year in Courtney Lee, who went to the small hilltopping school of Western Kentucky.  No harm there, right JJ? Oh, except for the fact that he won the starting spot over you.  That's gotta hurt.  Anywho, Courtney fell prone to the flailing elbows of Dwight "I Will Rape You Behind A Middle School" Howard, and has a broken sinus.

Enter the JJ Zone:

I'll admit, the three straight tres that JJ dropped in game 2 were impressive, but what you saw was Redick's highlight reel.  So, lets not take too much consideration into this.  I hate to break it to you Orlando, but the last team to win a series with a white dude starting at shooting guard was probably the Kings with Doug "House Arrest" Christie.  You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

With Lee returning tonight and JJ sitting back where he appropriately belongs, on the bench, I'm not really sure what to expect from game 3 tonight.  One things for sure, we will not see the game 2 steam roll that the green laid on, and they better watch their asses tonight.


"You're Fucking Out. I'm Fucking In."

No comments:

Post a Comment