Dome Nation Population

Friday, February 20, 2009

Bruised and Battered - J




That’s what Cashman would do to A-Rod if he could. I mean according to him A-Rod’s an asset, not even a human being. Anyway, I'm surprised with the lack of A-Rod discussion on this blog so let me put my two cents in. Regardless of how much you hate the Dominican, you have to feel bad for him. Yes he took steroids and has lost some respect by me as a Yankee fan. But hell, these days even talk show hosts are juicing up. I'll admit that he may not be telling the whole god honest truth, but at least he is doing what’s right and admitting it to the public. Yea Yea, I’m sure that’s what his crisis management team told him to do but at least he avoided the forsaken paths of Clemens and Bonds. As for people criticizing him reading off a paper, give the guy a break. As an ESPN stated, he is an athlete not a politician. He should not be expected to be able to give a flawless public speech without reading off a sheet, especially given the stress and nature of the situation. But enough of this chatter, I’m sure you all are sick of hearing about him as I am.

I’m going swing to politics for a second and discuss this controversial cartoon involving the crazy chimp and our black president. This cartoon is undoubtedly racist. A dead chimp and the police saying “They’ll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill.” No matter what anyone says, the artist was referring to Mr. Obama as the dead chimp. Al Sharpton is already in an uproar and is probably on his way as we speak to burn down the offices of the New York Post. I mean I would expect this from a low key website, but the New York Post? I thought to myself, how the hell did this slip by into the paper? Apparently I didn’t know this guy was the editor of the Post, they clearly need to make some changes within.

Now let’s talk about the breathtaking NBA trades right before the deadline. Marion-O’Neal aside, you know it’s disappointing when the big trade is Salmons, Miller for Nocioni and a few other shmucks. I just feel bad for the Kings, they really are fucked. Every time they get a decent player, they trade them away. I’ll bet my left nut they won’t have a winning season in my lifetime. And Marion for O’Neal really isn’t a big deal to me either. O’Neal really hasn’t been relevant in the league in a long time yet GMs love to take a chance on this guy. Marion’s contract is expiring after this season and players never seem to enjoy playing in Canada, eh? So I’m guessing Marion will quit faster than Oprah on a diet plan. Not to mention Marion’s all about the money and the exchange rate will rob him of his next sports car. The knickerbockers made some moves that might not be groundbreaking, but they sure as hell put a smile on my face. Donnie Walsh managed to get rid of the $30 million dollar Fat Lard, also known as Jerome James around his immediate family. This guy was so pathetic that the one time he got playing time this season, the entire Knick bench got out of their seats and applauded him. Then there’s Malik Rose. The Knick’s team was so desperate last year that he would get significant minutes. Wiseman Isiah would rave about his “wisdom” and “experience” that he brought to the team. Hey Isiah….Go fuck yaself. You know you have problems when Malik is playing PF for you. Out of these trades we got Hughes and Wilcox. We didn’t solve any salary cap issues, but at least we got some players who can contribute right now.

Rematch vs. Nova this Sunday. Let’s pray Cuse plays better this time around. I look forward to a little drinking this weekend so I'll leave you with a quote from the Jersey Native Frank Sinatra. "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

No comments:

Post a Comment