Dome Nation Population

Monday, February 9, 2009

Just Who Is Karl Malone? -M.Tomp


Karl Malone. What do you think of when you hear that name?  A two time MVP winner? That's certainly not what comes to my mind.  The second all-time scoring leader in NBA history?  Hard to believe, but I doubt anyone really thinks of that when thinking about the Mailman.
 (Speaking of, "The Mailman"; does any nickname make less sense than that? I mean Stockton was the guy delivering the ball to this guy for 15 years, you think he'd of gotten some better recognition then being Short Shorts Stockton.) Ok, what about Karl Malone, loving father & NBA champion? Well, considering he never won the Larry O'Brien trophy and the fact that he didn't acknowledge that Cheryl Ford was his daughter until she was famous, I'd have to go with a subtle 'no' on both counts here.

As it turns out, Karl Malone is an insult to the NBA.  Not because he wasn't an all around good teammate or someone who didn't play his ass off on both sides of the floor. No, sir. I think you'll gain my perspective on Karl from a little collection of highlights put together. Now, at first glance, this may all seem pretty standard for a Utah fan's idea of how sweet Karl Malone was. But the truth is Karl did a stellar job of hiding the most obvious flaw in his game. The man could barely slam dunk the rock.

I mean what the hell is up with that?  Even when he does dunk, its some flimsy one hander that I'm pretty sure I saw a couple years ago on an elite college basketball team.  Seriously, this is a 6'9 power forward who won TWO MOST VALUABLE PLAYER AWARDS! You're telling me he couldn't dunk a basketball?  Even a guy over a foot shorter than Karl could do this nonsense.

I'm boycotting Karl Malone for this travesty. Forget about a bid to the hall of fame Karl; it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment