Dome Nation Population

Thursday, February 12, 2009

No Finish-BG

Many basketball arenas, mostly college, have lame marketing schemes in between timeouts or between halves/quarters. Usually it is a "competition" between two athletically incompetent people falling all over themselves trying to complete a task that is easier than counting to 3. The reason I bring this up is because there is one event where there are different marked spots that one has to shoot from on the court. One directly under the basket, one in the middle of the paint, the free throw, the three point line, and then usually you win a months supply of Subway if you hit the half court shot. Gee, thanks a lot. My question to all of you is, how many shots would it take Arinze Onuaku or Rick Jackson to simply attempt the three point shot? 20? 50? Would the janitor have to come in and say "hey kids, I want to go home and drink myself to sleep, hurry the hell up!!"? I mean Stanley Stumblestein from ISUCK, NY would probably make it to the three point line in 10 shots. Sean McDonough informed us that Arinze was 1 for his last 22 from the charity stripe. I will say that again 1 FOR FUCKING 22. I used to get made fun of playing pickup basketball because I could only make 5 of 10. At least I was 50%. This team just has an un-canny ability not to finish. Whether its under the basket or at the free throw line. I have never seen anything like it.

I am also pleading with TV crews to STOP comparing Paul Harris to Lebron James. I know you are talking about his physique, I know, but he doesn't. Paul must be taking this to heart because on the offensive end he is starting to TRY and play like Lebron. Key word in that sentence would be try (hence all caps). Anyway, he puts the ball on the floor with authority, drives, and then does one of three things:

(A) tries to to dunk then turns the ball over
(B) Just straight turns the ball over or
(C) dishes to Rick or Arinze and they turn it over

Please learn how to finish. I am begging you. I like Paul and when Paul does finish it is a thing of beauty, but it's too few and far between.

You noticed the blog below about Kristof Ongenaet a.k.a The Belgian Waffle. The top three athletes to hail from Belgium are Kim Clijsters, Justine Henin, and Kristof Ongenaet. Who are the other two? Exactly. I got to be honest, I really didn't like him last year and that is because he had to play so much because of the Devendorf/Rautins injuries. And too many waffles can make you sick. Didn't your mom tell you that? No? Moving on. I also didn't like him because I am pretty sure he has been taking Rautins to his hair stylist and European "I am going to cry everytime I hit the deck" School. But he has come off the bench now and he (gulp, I cannot believe I am saying this) provides (oh god) a DEFENSIVE SPARK! For a bench guy to have 8 boards, 3 steals, and 3 blocks is huge. Especially from a waffle. Look, any defense on this team is welcomed and if you could pull anything away from this game, its that we looked better on the defensive end. Another good thing about The Waffle, is if we get into a fight and he has half the fighting skills of this fellow Belgian, we will not lose that fight.

A large group of us are going back to Syracuse for the Cuse-GTown game this weekend. I am sure the stories will be flowing in next week if we make it back alive. I apologize to those of you don't give a fuck about SU Basketball, but there is not much going on in sports right now except college hoops and I am not writing about another team. C's and B's blogs will be coming as the playoffs approach. I will throw in some pop culture blogs from time to time to please the women in the crowd a.k.a Morgan. We are still feeling this out, be patient and look for new shit next week. Stay Classy.

P.S. Arinze or Rick, if you read this, check this out. I will give you a pass for not making free throws if you can do this for me. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment